Re: OLPC/SUGAR open-source Manual

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Quynh Vu Do <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> 2010/6/17 Serge Stinckwich <[email protected]>
>>
>> Hi all,
>> there is several open-source manuals regarding XO&SUGAR that we could
>> translate in vietnamese:
>> - http://en.flossmanuals.net/read
>> - Squeak by Example : http://www.squeakbyexample.org/
>>
>> Quynh told me that he would like to translate the TurtleArt activity
>> book: http://en.flossmanuals.net/turtleart
>

> In fact I have made a sub-sample from the XO manual (37 pages) and I am
> currently translating it (about10% done, should be finished by half July).
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/xo

Great job Quynh !

> Same thing for the Sugar Manual, but after XO is done.
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/sugar
>
> Then only will come the Turtle Activity.
>
> I'm doing the translation offline in ODT files which will be more flexible
> for final editing/printing than the PDF generated online from flossmanuals.
> The translated content can then be easily pasted back online later, once a
> translation directory is created by flossmanuals.
>
> So if anyone wants to join the work, let me know so that we can coordinate
> our actions and avoir duplicating efforts.

This is up to you, but i think the best idea to coordinate work is to
use the Flossmanual infrastructure: you should not made an offline
translation but update regularly. I think this is better if you want
to have some immediate reward and help during your work.

Unfortunately, i could not help to much for vietnamese translation ...
Maybe i could only help during a pair session.

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk