[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: OLPC/SUGAR open-source Manual
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: Re: OLPC/SUGAR open-source Manual
- From: Serge Stinckwich <[email protected]>
- Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 13:41:14 +0700
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 220.127.116.11 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=[email protected]; dkim=pass (test mode) [email protected]
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:mime-version:received:in-reply-to :references:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=uLSWRD2nVoAICh2PK6jh4+SD+sDBrnpBcweZOxnP1n8=; b=Dc32IBsmCQxXW1DgMBVMNFs93KGjiYxYxueeFOBwWdWrhi2Jv4jr3YJbL43blYmhEa X96P/2kVE5x2TwmabV9nyq5vfR6BHoY2CLVsW0CgtGHun5kUTJdUovXe4Qqz01XHkCu6 X/jjQzoRwz3TlWzR78XRKFEtpUbGALW3PlAcc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; b=O0l3iSiEgq3Dln3MUebgRyoGHNGVSqXAmfKKMQRP48sqhRh36nZ9Xt8NY/uj5UszCa T/JYy2Mrlz2W0RYcOFpvDL3DXpFNHnFfpcweF6yL/o1GNLJB3sKT/+5L6+NHA3cUmm/r IYdxbl7O71ownH4zSgCjBnB1MZ/BPFKuJdwi8=
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Quynh Vu Do <[email protected]> wrote:
> 2010/6/17 Serge Stinckwich <[email protected]>
>> Hi all,
>> there is several open-source manuals regarding XO&SUGAR that we could
>> translate in vietnamese:
>> - http://en.flossmanuals.net/read
>> - Squeak by Example : http://www.squeakbyexample.org/
>> Quynh told me that he would like to translate the TurtleArt activity
>> book: http://en.flossmanuals.net/turtleart
> In fact I have made a sub-sample from the XO manual (37 pages) and I am
> currently translating it (about10% done, should be finished by half July).
Great job Quynh !
> Same thing for the Sugar Manual, but after XO is done.
> Then only will come the Turtle Activity.
> I'm doing the translation offline in ODT files which will be more flexible
> for final editing/printing than the PDF generated online from flossmanuals.
> The translated content can then be easily pasted back online later, once a
> translation directory is created by flossmanuals.
> So if anyone wants to join the work, let me know so that we can coordinate
> our actions and avoir duplicating efforts.
This is up to you, but i think the best idea to coordinate work is to
use the Flossmanual infrastructure: you should not made an offline
translation but update regularly. I think this is better if you want
to have some immediate reward and help during your work.
Unfortunately, i could not help to much for vietnamese translation ...
Maybe i could only help during a pair session.
UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk