[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Fwd: Vietnamese Language Translation Team and ?'s
- To: Vu Do Quynh <[email protected]>, [email protected]
- Subject: Fwd: Vietnamese Language Translation Team and ?'s
- From: Nancie Severs <[email protected]>
- Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 14:49:01 -0400
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 184.108.40.206 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=[email protected]; dkim=pass (test mode) [email protected]
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=s1Fkw9JBA3eXIv4awgNhjIBm9au20WEwMskGDz9woXE=; b=jkSy9lwDJIMwooA1AbrQ4h7COVst7ZCKIIZkXySHEKk1Q1OTupepMi+iVcCusEMZev sArsv26ItI8uqlLyNm+iNL5p2IOrF9f94PVy47G/0o7Od9nNWd2xKU1ngQjdrKS0H7B9 4IVsIvmgznXK5UdfnRJ8JJ/kCOwR5xMCnVDDI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=GtV64qSq2iXNojO2FFEPD4MdbJ+rWNTmkdjUPpvHw9qbSdADfihkfLkYKToR9U/MnH eCXnCDyCVQBiUpOPk2ledhxhqHiXgMI+MZLfEDxL01se2kY8cfjSksBFjnouiKADgApr 71Uf5fGWPugDHvZr3FNB5AbFiEhhWOl8NiRdo=
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
Clytie responds from Australia that the Sugar/XO Activity translations she has done to date are at:
"The OLPC translations are run from the OLPC localization list, and
the OLPC Pootle is at:
So to prevent duplication of efforts and to get a big head start, please see Clytie's reply below.
and see information on the localization teams here: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Localization
the Pootle server here: http://translate.sugarlabs.org/
and how to join the localization list for discussions and to pose questions here:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Clytie Siddall <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 2:09 AM
Subject: Re: Vietnamese Language Translation Team and ?'s
To: Nancie Severs <[email protected]
Nancie, thanks for the good news. :)
I'll save the emails and try to catch up when I can. I saw notifications about the changes to the FM translations and was delighted. Quynh comes with my highest recommendations.
On 20/06/2010, at 4:53 AM, Nancie Severs wrote:
I hope that when you receive this email, you will be feeling much better. I have good news for you and a question.
1. The good news is that Serge Stinckwich in Hanoi visited the VVV site recently. He reports that the children are using the XOs and that they are all working fine. He also has gathered a strong group of Vietnamese volunteers to work on translating, developing, and supporting, and perhaps growing the XOs projects in Vietnam. The volunteers have gathered for meetings. There is a Forum set up as a Google Group. You can access the forum and join the email list from the OLPC Vietnam website here: http://olpc.vn/
You can see Serge's presentation given at the June 5 organizational meeting in Hanoi here: http://www.slideshare.net/SergeStinckwich/visit-to-vung-vieng-village-olpc-vietnam
I will forward you a few of the group conversations separately to get you caught up. Members of this new group have a version of Sugar working on PCs, and they are already working on translating the XO and Sugar Manuals into Vietnamese, and some Activities like Turtle Art and Magic Spot.
2. Question: Which Activities have you already translated and where can they be found? Are they in a Floss Manual or someplace else? (Pootle?) We don't want to duplicate your valuable work!
Before my latest relapse, I think I had all the Sugar files (activities etc.) at 100% on the OLPC Pootle. I would be delighted if Quynh and others would take over the translations: as I've said before, since I wasn't using the software, the translations need complete review. I was guessing much of the time!
The OLPC translations are run from the OLPC localization list, and the OLPC Pootle is at:
although I was just unable to connect to it. I'd suggest Quynh join the OLPC localization list, and if necessary enquire about the status of the server. (It may be down for maintenance, or just feeling eccentric at the moment.)
I still hope to recover enough to participate again, but so far no luck. I am really delighted to hear that things are going so well for OLPC Vietnam. :))
Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
This email came from my XO computer from the One Laptop Per Child project.
Please check out One Laptop Per Child at http://laptop.org/ and help make the world a better place!