[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Vietnamese Language Translation Team and ?'s
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: Re: Vietnamese Language Translation Team and ?'s
- From: Serge Stinckwich <[email protected]>
- Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 14:00:39 +0700
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 188.8.131.52 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=[email protected]; dkim=pass (test mode) [email protected]
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:mime-version:received:in-reply-to :references:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=l5xN1yhA5pryu+/br+zLnJ4gxs1FOHqqYa3dMG0AFE0=; b=t0gOEImRK63YuNJSDgS9kaPF/x0ccgXmWCJh3Jr0eV1ybeHcNIM7yzUmPuC0VdhOnP 5O1alHJWb21m5y++WI8rZj4dDpgVvPW3c9ntlG/2Q9VfzQBEoenfYCMcsPjgGENvXW0g w7oaGfDfKht3mHf7Q97NYGdQj7z+8hm0PzuZg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; b=NaL55IPm5eMfm0Tc5X042TZPYIqwSS890XWJGkCQxFFIIiLyDUfpsWWJdOU9RKZLDF rnmVLTHCEr/eXI4o33vCHdujt+XPEOX+WX4o7SnqS+Tkux3134N6gKIozDlcCYTuS5zl OJK2xd66r+sZZd/9jXRio271828/L7/QktovE=
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
Thank you Nancie.
Another ressource we could translate is the book "Powerfull Ideas in
the Classroom", there is already a french (done by some guys including
me), spanish, german, ... versions. Look here:
Could we update the a list of todo regarding translation in the Wiki page ?
On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 1:49 AM, Nancie Severs <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> Clytie responds from Australia that the Sugar/XO Activity translations she
> has done to date are at:
> "The OLPC translations are run from the OLPC localization list, and the OLPC
> Pootle is at:
> So to prevent duplication of efforts and to get a big head start, please see
> Clytie's reply below.
> and see information on the localization teams here:
> the Pootle server here: http://translate.sugarlabs.org/
> and how to join the localization list for discussions and to pose questions
> Regards, Nancie:)
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Clytie Siddall <[email protected]>
> Date: Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 2:09 AM
> Subject: Re: Vietnamese Language Translation Team and ?'s
> To: Nancie Severs <[email protected]>
> Nancie, thanks for the good news. :)
> I'll save the emails and try to catch up when I can. I saw notifications
> about the changes to the FM translations and was delighted. Quynh comes with
> my highest recommendations.
> On 20/06/2010, at 4:53 AM, Nancie Severs wrote:
> Hello Clytie,
> I hope that when you receive this email, you will be feeling much better. I
> have good news for you and a question.
> 1. The good news is that Serge Stinckwich in Hanoi visited the VVV site
> recently. He reports that the children are using the XOs and that they are
> all working fine. He also has gathered a strong group of Vietnamese
> volunteers to work on translating, developing, and supporting, and perhaps
> growing the XOs projects in Vietnam. The volunteers have gathered for
> meetings. There is a Forum set up as a Google Group. You can access the
> forum and join the email list from the OLPC Vietnam website here:
> You can see Serge's presentation given at the June 5 organizational meeting
> in Hanoi here:
> I will forward you a few of the group conversations separately to get you
> caught up. Members of this new group have a version of Sugar working on PCs,
> and they are already working on translating the XO and Sugar Manuals into
> Vietnamese, and some Activities like Turtle Art and Magic Spot.
> 2. Question: Which Activities have you already translated and where can they
> be found? Are they in a Floss Manual or someplace else? (Pootle?) We don't
> want to duplicate your valuable work!
> Before my latest relapse, I think I had all the Sugar files (activities
> etc.) at 100% on the OLPC Pootle. I would be delighted if Quynh and others
> would take over the translations: as I've said before, since I wasn't using
> the software, the translations need complete review. I was guessing much of
> the time!
> The OLPC translations are run from the OLPC localization list, and the OLPC
> Pootle is at:
> although I was just unable to connect to it. I'd suggest Quynh join the OLPC
> localization list, and if necessary enquire about the status of the server.
> (It may be down for maintenance, or just feeling eccentric at the moment.)
> I still hope to recover enough to participate again, but so far no luck. I
> am really delighted to hear that things are going so well for OLPC Vietnam.
> from Clytie
> Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
> This email came from my XO computer from the One Laptop Per Child project.
> Please check out One Laptop Per Child at http://laptop.org/ and help make
> the world a better place!
UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk