[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Vietnamese Language Translation Team and ?'s
- To: Clytie Siddall <[email protected]>
- Subject: Vietnamese Language Translation Team and ?'s
- From: Nancie Severs <[email protected]>
- Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 15:23:35 -0400
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 184.108.40.206 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=[email protected]; dkim=pass (test mode) [email protected]
- Cc: [email protected]
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=zKT21qlPwpIqURB29yfkKosHEU53BP1CRrt4c0HgIO0=; b=a3yR2ep1xxO0Q/VwHuGjIet0hZjSlJw0skxnayxvIkNA8cb4mWSt1JJmdaKLvgMd2c 5p6uEPa/e4QBCk8r5htlNaTCeiSKXTNArhsdX1S2rbKAt30+Xci2Tx3lOVaDCAWXT4ao 3/IDtujU73tCWlefAULcsz2yrvnNXNajzb8qU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; b=x18fZglgKbYls8RtvPAFMn2Afc2RT6ecMY1aDvixtPvk8UF4bH26Em9hvHQkzroGtC NPVEB6Zq9+5X4oEAevk3lAwgi4m8t5xQmS1yPLt7MxHfH78sRso66hp5JQMq7okg4InK r467MhHyHkMg3pOw2F8rqK0+8lvHcmG4vu6fc=
I hope that when you receive this email, you will be feeling much better. I have good news for you and a question.
1. The good news is that Serge Stinckwich in Hanoi visited the VVV site recently. He reports that the children are using the XOs and that they are all working fine. He also has gathered a strong group of Vietnamese volunteers to work on translating, developing, and supporting, and perhaps growing the XOs projects in Vietnam. The volunteers have gathered for meetings. There is a Forum set up as a Google Group. You can access the forum and join the email list from the OLPC Vietnam website here: http://olpc.vn/
You can see Serge's presentation given at the June 5 organizational meeting in Hanoi here: http://www.slideshare.net/SergeStinckwich/visit-to-vung-vieng-village-olpc-vietnam
I will forward you a few of the group conversations separately to get you caught up. Members of this new group have a version of Sugar working on PCs, and they are already working on translating the XO and Sugar Manuals into Vietnamese, and some Activities like Turtle Art and Magic Spot.
2. Question: Which Activities have you already translated and where can they be found? Are they in a Floss Manual or someplace else? (Pootle?) We don't want to duplicate your valuable work!
Thanks Clytie. We hope you are soon feeling well!