[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [OLPCVietnam] Scratch Day !!!
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: Re: [OLPCVietnam] Scratch Day !!!
- From: Nancie Severs <[email protected]>
- Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 21:28:55 -0400
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 188.8.131.52 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=[email protected]; dkim=pass (test mode) [email protected]
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=sZPtwBbVrtQYM1J5ZwnBme0u1YHTHq69It1k5REpxA8=; b=CHxnkd3QuIqUZ9vyk6vZ6qK2QlxfFo4n7S6hVVLpC5ephMPIdoXYQSfD0rDBaJPsVx U7MM4QZB1Que1JtrUBB/2HbKX7H2wmm33gUzbczM/imll7LzXaOys9atABRNL5k1gaBt 1VS2mJonWc59/VC/GHqnCZG6CNsdVuqlcc2+o=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=vnJZF0tmnp/gFPjINh4/fuFZX90WZzvFpRTmSrABWYca1xpiE0idYcSuiHHLpUh66z T0wdRnIkFJnUr26bRdU35q9CusKbfVr+L7Iyv18Qtm5W4FCFj6mmTvz7D5zr1LSJ5Rtx dhmzVtMWLZGxr824sIlTwapIaB0EAHus2y1R8=
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
To Serge, Yang, and other:
Best of luck with Scratch Day this week in Hanoi! In Thailand I am told that Scratch is by far the most popular XO Activity! Our local elementary school is teaching it and the local Art Gallery is running a Scratch class series for community kids too.
Thank you once again for your continuing interest and efforts. Have a very successful day.
If you can email information and photos from the event to me, afterwards, I'll post them as an update on the VVV Wiki project page.
Best regards to everyone,
On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 12:29 AM, Serge Stinckwich <[email protected]>
May 21st 2011 is Scratch Day worldwide: http://day.scratch.mit.edu/
If you don't know what is scratch, this is very nice very visual
language in order to do animation and control also embedded systems.
More information here: http://scratch.mit.edu/
Scratch is open-source and written in Squeak Smalltalk. A version of
Scratch is available on XO OLPC.
Maybe we could try to organize something in Ha Noi ?
Several alternatives are possible for a Scratch Day:
- invite educators to discover Scratch
- presentation of local scratch projects
- informal gathering of Scratchers.
Any Scratchers (or wanabee scratchers) in Ha Noi ? Viet Nam ?
We some friends, we are working on porting Scratch to a more modern
version of Squeak, called Pharo (because we don't like green
interfaces and we want to open Scratch to code contributions from
people who are working on using Scratch with external devices like
We already have some portion of the software working.
So i'm willing to do wild Scratch coding sessions :-)
UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OLPC Vietnam" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected].
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/olpc-vietnam?hl=en.
This email came from my XO from OLPC!
Please check out One Laptop Per Child at http://laptop.org/ and help make the world a better place!