[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Scratch Day !!!
- To: Hanoi Linux Users Group <[email protected]>, [email protected], smalltalk-vn <[email protected]>
- Subject: Scratch Day !!!
- From: Serge Stinckwich <[email protected]>
- Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 11:29:58 +0700
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 184.108.40.206 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=[email protected]; dkim=pass (test mode) [email protected]
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; bh=PtzcYR2HlbwA3OxJtkwWwJZHd9/455fJAhLSVB0qHIY=; b=dO2/ImLFEiiF5jXHDVlZJLaNwVPWNcrxBlA5qzbS2gs26kX6ajrU4RuKxtJV4toizf 1EGMshCh+9jMuE6bLYH3dpi47a/0wDgbJpT8Yr9dmdnUH7RlRBl7GA2G5IUvoaiP3mbh 17qSdQdxifY4brvEcZGFlug6sbLPiC0ZQVP7I=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; b=CF0EblC0HXUKU6FAotXzKkRG4XZQYbGdTDbM2eEwhc0KESjVLvay7oIW+sJrfHqqmn LuA8bqiwaBl5z/+Gu48Yi8xaZtOCmmHH/WO8256FDd96Mdd8HY3juU2l20rv3it2Kwa8 VE/Dmm1rFN9XxJv1bvuygz1WAw8v5ohBH533w=
May 21st 2011 is Scratch Day worldwide: http://day.scratch.mit.edu/
If you don't know what is scratch, this is very nice very visual
language in order to do animation and control also embedded systems.
More information here: http://scratch.mit.edu/
Scratch is open-source and written in Squeak Smalltalk. A version of
Scratch is available on XO OLPC.
Maybe we could try to organize something in Ha Noi ?
Several alternatives are possible for a Scratch Day:
- invite educators to discover Scratch
- presentation of local scratch projects
- informal gathering of Scratchers.
Any Scratchers (or wanabee scratchers) in Ha Noi ? Viet Nam ?
We some friends, we are working on porting Scratch to a more modern
version of Squeak, called Pharo (because we don't like green
interfaces and we want to open Scratch to code contributions from
people who are working on using Scratch with external devices like
We already have some portion of the software working.
So i'm willing to do wild Scratch coding sessions :-)
UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk