[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Smalltalk-vn] Re: Scratch Day !!!
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: Re: [Smalltalk-vn] Re: Scratch Day !!!
- From: Serge Stinckwich <[email protected]>
- Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 23:18:15 +0700
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 126.96.36.199 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=[email protected]; dkim=pass (test mode) [email protected]
- Cc: Hanoi Linux Users Group <[email protected]>, [email protected], smalltalk-vn <[email protected]>, [email protected]
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date :message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=v4hc1BXCYAjiAob9wLdzsrILTwpZlsAv/2ty9IafT9I=; b=bc+dTtbQiSDcXEzw6WYlF8ZCKEb8gpai9xVY/ZeFEQaFeh5aUFN2qkJmy7KUesYkJJ 4cwgvFfjCHSNLsfCIoN/3S6ezWg/EEXVy4lXMi8esPIms/4kdTMxHaf3t33UrmqakEWu vJ6h02SvJF2TIxZJYSmFodpVGYzkC8Tb48dZ0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=fB2K1jzSuycPIGE+F+puBVGuaQ7/rvx0nA8VaclrV7mkCiy1vmhRWvMSClh/t60PCS Jc687YVP2SEVpKCVt6ekG+LvMCECqmbG8puQ6VAEa8svh31nDry9NALS338dWImndeiI 2eBbqFAT3866k5OgKC+mw15pzKHlD9W7gzqkE=
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
2011/5/12 Duong "Yang" ヤン Ha Nguyen <[email protected]>:
> On Tue, 10 May 2011, Serge Stinckwich wrote:
>> Nobody interested to organize a Scratch Day in Vietnam ?
>> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Serge Stinckwich
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> > Scratch is open-source and written in Squeak Smalltalk. A version of
>> > Scratch is available on XO OLPC.
>> > Maybe we could try to organize something in Ha Noi ?
>> > Several alternatives are possible for a Scratch Day:
>> > - invite educators to discover Scratch
>> > - presentation of local scratch projects
>> > - informal gathering of Scratchers.
>> > Any Scratchers (or wanabee scratchers) in Ha Noi ? Viet Nam ?
>> > We some friends, we are working on porting Scratch to a more modern
>> > version of Squeak, called Pharo (because we don't like green
>> > interfaces and we want to open Scratch to code contributions from
>> > people who are working on using Scratch with external devices like
>> > arduino).
>> > We already have some portion of the software working.
>> > So i'm willing to do wild Scratch coding sessions :-)
>> > Regards,
>> > --
>> > Serge Stinckwich
>> > UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
>> > Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
>> > http://doesnotunderstand.org/
> Dear Serge,
> Oh, I couldn't believe I have missed your email!!! I support the idea
> af a Scratch day in Hanoi. This is a good chance for promote
> Smalltalk Squeak/Pharo. Also, it's a great chance for me to get my
> hands dirty with Smalltalk again. I haven't used Smalltalk for a
Maybe i send too much emails :-)
> What's your proposed activities for a Scratch day in Hanoi? What
> about PR & Communication? How should we do some promotion on events
> like Coding Dojo, Hackfest, etc.?
I have no clear picture at the moment. Maybe we could do some Scratch
demo to attract people (kids, educators, developers, ...)
to this platform, but i lacking connections with the education
community in Vietnam.
We already start to work on a port of Scratch to Pharo 1.2 with some
As Scratch Day is the same day of CodingDojo (saturday May 21st), this
could be the opportunity to do a super-codingdojo in order to refactor
the code with tests
with the help of the mikado method: http://mikadomethod.wordpress.com/
UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk