[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Magic Words on XO
- To: [email protected], [email protected]
- Subject: Re: Magic Words on XO
- From: Serge Stinckwich <[email protected]>
- Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 17:25:01 +0700
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 22.214.171.124 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=[email protected]; dkim=pass (test mode) [email protected]
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:mime-version:received:in-reply-to :references:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=R0OLS1/ai2pNVtO60SvNkdrvkzJQwDt9vO9slW/SOsY=; b=A6UM3t/4C5ag7brv/Wbpqkg6Rn0MEgkKumDFGGI6i5sHHezHpX1q1JEQeWstsF4tSR UJ47FMfmMgxFKOxPZcqVBtLb9wHch5ogOucKV2+VjAhEtd/YL+i50fQhnkrKSWwGosG8 UZDAG9PNuxSqUwZDFUF0qiIdLTzh9Hu1GxauI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; b=Ff4gan5zMDBLl8j6BVwZsJ2YXEuTTV7ZvsVIi5YJwevWu+zUoEIfkMHBXCy4Mt/8Bz G1Kkawe+Whzki79hCb5lFQbGuAUPMBRdGoxmBhuPcEz82UsF3e/GN3gRmI2WbQQfTGZO Ah9bOswX0B34l9PGrNvOGWX7muqjr7GX2mNJI=
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Serge Stinckwich
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi all,
> with a group of young students, we are willing to package the Magic
> Word application for the XO.
> Magic Word is a very nice open-source application written in
> Squeak/Smalltalk, where kids are able to create animated world very
> easily. Look at the web site for more information:
> What we want to do at the moment (organize by level of complexity):
> - adapt the application to XO constraints (especially screen) and
> release Magic Words as an xo application,
> - add a support for UTF-8 and translate the application in Vietnamese,
> - add a cooperative mode for Magic Words so the kids could tags the
> animated characters cooperatively in an adhoc network.
> The source code repository is available here:
> We already do a meeting last week and another one is planned today.
A small report of our last meeting:
- we talked about the design of the application. Some work has to done
in order to understand how cooperative activities work on XO.
- we browse the existing code of Magic Words in order to understand
the software architecture. Regarding the vn translation, there is just
one file to translated, so it should not be too difficult to do it
hopefully. There is some problems with fonts for vietnamese that we
need to fix.
UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk