[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Google Summer of Code 2013 Program - European Smalltalk User Group
- To: smalltalk-vn <[email protected]>, [email protected]
- Subject: Google Summer of Code 2013 Program - European Smalltalk User Group
- From: Serge Stinckwich <[email protected]>
- Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 17:39:12 +0100
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 2a00:1450:400c:c03::233 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=[email protected]; dkim=pass [email protected]
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=UpoN2Da8ZUVrYSYA9MqMFC6k/lK0NnkSB2kgP/vHC7g=; b=IJc9/JvCWTcmWQX1oRTFFM1qgBqCIewqBbxtV/SWSiTYCh8kmrWnZaGeRCADGvtETj ABqXh8om7bsrn205Rh0K9rsQ2xYRsKpaabxqLZCQoCLgKyzxaI4eYNlBm2Cu48izzevc o5WPm2abyOSC5xoJEOKbySVyGxAcD5tCeDk3HK8QTkXx34uZcMK8AW1ykNSAgjCjgni7 cbhA1ctWmA03EHBtCfwa1woVqegD0tYNY97aiddJYUnhKsh2mR9K8NqUYmpQOg23/OQ8 s1dhq3LELi1Z6KyNvoqXfGdaj4mjCdA1BPKwvhHSU3h1uHjZOuyJBB3HA5tpyF7An7Nr UD7A==
As every year, Google launched its "Google Summer of
Code " initiative from June to September 2013.
Google Summer of Code is a global program that offers student
developers stipends (5000 US dollars) to write code for various open
source software projects during summer (3 months). A unique
opportunity for students to participate in the development of free
More details are available online here:
I am the co-admin of GSOC 2013 for ESUG (European
Smalltalk User Group) community and we will propose the March 29,
2013, projects for students in the context of the GSOC 2013 program.
If you are a student and you want to discover a new programming
language (Smalltalk) do not hesitate to contact me.
You can also visit our website:
and join the mailing list for students:
Students will have to choose their project between April 22 and May 3, 2013.
You can find more information about the Smalltalk programming language
Smalltalk and its eco-system here:
See also below the announce in english.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Janko Mivšek <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Subject: [Pharo-project] GSoC13: Google Summer of Code started, your
To: Squeak <[email protected]>,
<[email protected]>, Pharo users
<[email protected]>, Discussion of Cuis Smalltalk
Time for your cool project ideas on this year Smalltalk GSoC!
For now just express any idea you have here on the mailing list. Later
we will together develop it to be in complete format together with two
mentors needed. Deadline is end of March, so we have three weeks of time.
To see how fully developed ideas look like please look at 2012 ones at:
Note also that students yourselves can propose a GSoC project. So if you
like to be a student on this year GSoC and have a nice idea, don't be
shy and propose it here! The community will listen you and guide to the
really nicely proposed project. Last year 6 student proposed projects
were accepted and finished successfully!
For the community, start looking around for students. Think about how to
approach the universities near by you, do you know who to contact
We are namely preparing an application to this year Smalltalk Google
Summer of Code under ESUG umbrella, as last year. If accepted, Google
will pay few stipendiums to students on our Smalltalk projects.
More on our special Smalltalk GSoC 2013 website:
I'm specially inviting mentors of all past GSoCs to rejoin the mentors
mailing list, where we discuss all details about this year GSoC:
While students interested on GSoC please join a special Smalltalk GSoC
mailing list for you:
Smalltalk Web Application Server
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk