Re: [OLPCVietnam] Re: Vung Vieng Village XO Project

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 9:25 AM, arky <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Arky and others ;-)

> (Replying to list)
>
> I'll be back in Hanoi in late October. Sign me up for a trip (bike or
> otherwise) to fishing village.  Let us
> see if we can address the problem of transient teachers. Perhaps the local
> community members (open source
> community, volunteers) engaging with the project regularly might solve this
> issue.

I visit two times the fishing village (the last time in 2011 if I
remember correctly ) and the OLPC laptops were still working at that
time.
It would be nice to have some recent news.

> Am trying to rope in OLPC community, teachers, Hardware hackers and Open
> Source developers to take more
>  interest in the project here in Viet Nam.

I remember that I try several times during my stay in Vietnam from
2008 to 2012 to organize presentations, meetings about XO OLPC.
There is a lot of people on the olpc-vietnam mailing-list, but not
that much people willing to do some concrete actions.
One major problem was maybe the distance between Ha Noi and Ha Long bay.

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)