[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [OLPCVietnam] Re: Vung Vieng Village XO Project
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: Re: [OLPCVietnam] Re: Vung Vieng Village XO Project
- From: Quynh Vu Do <[email protected]>
- Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 20:18:02 +0700
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 188.8.131.52 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=[email protected]; dkim=pass [email protected]
- Cc: Arky <[email protected]>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=ZF6Y84m/cfOvfLXQjIBvnb8p8w+jJaVbdCuDToGIHGI=; b=vAtaa/dySSqlrtfGKlSAWEXCnFxMxFtkN7KC29oF5v2tD8l+CCZ4vAnNRCKKG0PfvM 5KqG5/p6W/PWt/q2FU+DN4AVYlBbWbiEDwj9izusBZPXYRUO3B4ww3ht7ImVc1OJId11 3v7oDpKmuOi1yy/K3E5apCbqlmcT/hVyeSiJY=
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]om>
- References: <[email protected]om> <[email protected]om> <[email protected]om>
Soory for a late reply.
Le 4 janvier 2012 13:50, Serge Stinckwich <[email protected]> a écrit :
> We are 73 people in this OLPC-Vietnam group, this is a pity that we
> could not find a small group of people that want to do something
> (prepare some new activities, plan a visit to VVV, ...). I know that
> some great work had been done for the translation in vietnamese of
> some of the activities. This is really important but we need also some
> people to deploy and take care of the laptops on the field. Anyone
> interested ?
> This is also important to find someone like Channa close the village.
I just tested recent available techniques for giving internet
accessibility in remote areas like the Vung Vieng Fishing village
using 3G technology.
I found, bought and successfully tested a mini 3G broadband router
(CNET model CQR-681, priced at 770.000 VND in Hanoi, 740.000 VND in
HCMC) that can connect to the internet through 3G and provide internet
access to a local computer LAN with wired or wifi connections. The
router can take power from a USB's computer port, thus using a laptop
as a content server, it could provide internet, wifi connectivity and
selected web content to the XO computers, although during a limited
time when no power is available.
This offers several perspectives to increase the use and the
usefulness of the XO computers in Vung Vieng with a limied extra
investement. But we still need to find a stronger and more committed
local contact for this to be successful.
> @Quynh what is the status of the translation of the XO manual in VN ?
Its translation has been finished in last March:
However it seems that the Translate.flossmanuals.net web site is down
or has been discontinued ?
Thus the Vietnamese version of the XO manual can't be read on line.
Fortunately, I made an artisanal copy of the web pages in
OpenOffice.org to generate a PDF version.
You will find the PDF in this page (in Vietnamese) that I just published:
Thus you can produce links to that page and inform whom who might be interested.
Best regards and Happy New Year of the Dragon !
Vu Do Quynh (M.)
Blog personnel: http://vdquynh.blogspot.com/
Moments online: http://memolane.com/vdquynh