Re: [OLPCVietnam] Re: Vung Vieng Village XO Project

Hi,

Did anyone recently visit Vung Vieng? Would love to hear about the status of this project.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Projects/Vung_Vieng_Fishing_Vietnam

Cheers

Arky

On Nov 29, 2012 1:13 PM, "Quynh Vu Do" <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi,

2012/11/29 Rafael Masters <[email protected]>
Dear all,
     I heard about this project from reading an article on its success in Ethiopia. I immediately wanted to be involved. I am a teacher over here in Viet Nam with a basic grasp of the language, and I would be delighted to help with creating new exercises and learning activities for your tablets. However I am a little uncertain of how exactly to get involved, being unfamiliar with google groups. Could someone possibly email me at [email protected] to let me know more specifically how I might help?
Thanks for your time
Rafael Masters

It will be better if you can just join the Google Groups OLPC-Vietnam. Then, your posts will not need to be moderated and the threads of various discussions is well managed by the Google engine. Thus the entirety of discussions within the group will be available to everybody.

With regards to your question about how to concretely contribute to the project, that makes at least 3 persons (4 with me) based in Vietnam that are recently willing to do something in the near future. if you are beased in Hanoi, then we could try to organize a meeting some evening and discuss strategies and possible actions to be done. I am retiring of my job as of 31st January 2013 so I might be more available in the coming years.

Would an informal meeting around 6 p.m. sometimes during this remaining week or during the next week suits whoever that might be interested in Hanoi ? Suggest also a place not too noisy, not too smoky. My center CNF (42 Ta Quan Buu), located in Bach Khoa is of course available if one wishes so.

Best regards

--
Vu Do Quynh (M.)
Hanoi, Vietnam