[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
1st OLPC Vietnam developers meeting
- To: Hanoi Linux Users Group <[email protected]>, [email protected], [email protected]
- Subject: 1st OLPC Vietnam developers meeting
- From: Serge Stinckwich <[email protected]>
- Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 12:09:26 +0700
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 184.108.40.206 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=[email protected]; dkim=pass (test mode) [email protected]
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:mime-version:received:from:date :message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=C2JcmV5b7BoheyYGkIUFUJTlQy4/CvN0PzgQxdTusq0=; b=tyau3Hrmi3XIOvXzHjB4SgFy4uwflPQv50t0u0mp3RKEDr7JmV9U4aQoAJzHM8fUsE PhLcYrrQhYXMMqjIyDCCgvTE1Grt3vnPmhx7HSGDn1lQakUvt1mBlVI0bBzTU3r21yMi eLGEfUJu39WJjjopJpjpwNxzHjXl0O/cGGyvQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; b=ehK9ddPSsYCz1gaoJhf3LHouweT0+935UhWnuBuDugvTuNck1LzMEn01m3P6BU0MZj NAboGYQiz4gEk/ab5zvV3TH7MK8v++70vDpVYVeaJTKl2KUMxjlMaUhu9X4yiKDm0b2P nRUtNmAV7Ld6dG9JJZbsap1OGbkr/3Z2YahkY=
we were around 15 people for the 1st meeting of OLPC Vietnam developers.
I put some pictures of the event here:
I made a short presentation of the OLPC project and a report of my
visit to the Vung Vieng village.
My slides (report of the VV village visit) are available here:
The conclusions of my visit are as following:
- every XOs are working and are used everyday by kids. They really enjoyed it.
- XOs are not part of a curriculum. This is more a leisure actitivity
at the moment.
- there is a problem with the local teachers: they only stay one year
in the village. We need to train them every year. Teachers need to be
more involved in the use of XOs in the classroom.
- Only a limited set of activities seems to be used by the children.
There is not enough vietnamese activities
- XOs need to be update to newer versions of Sugar (0.82.1 => 0.88).
We need to select specific activities (with good vn translation) and
write some pedagogical documentation.
We also made some demos of the Sugar environment (on Linux & XOs).
Some students present at the meeting are particularly interested in
developing Sugar applications.
One of the conclusion of this meeting is that we need to grow the
user&developer Sugar community in order to have more vietnamese
contents. This will be one our top priorities of the next months.
UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk