Re: [OLPCVietnam] VN fonts for Etoys Squeak

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 11:37:35AM +0700, Serge Stinckwich wrote:
Hi all,
in order to have a working vietnamese version of the Etoys Squeak
project: http://www.squeakland.org/
i'm looking for freely available vietnamese fonts in bdf (bitmap
distribution format) format in different sizes : 12, 14, 16, ...

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk

Hi Serge,

I found 2 good fonts for Unicode character displaying (especially
Vietnamese characters with accent), named "Free Helvetian" (Open Font
license) and "DejaVu Sans" (public domain).  I have extracted and
convert "Free Helvetian" to TrueType but I couldn't convert it to a
bitmap format.  DejaVu Sans is distributed with TrueType format as well.
It is easy to install TrueType font to Squeak/Pharo image, just by
dragging and dropping it.  So we should not have difficulties producing
.sar using these fonts.

Best regards,
--
Yang Nguyen