[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [OLPCVietnam] Happy New Year and My Reply to Recent Posts
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: Re: [OLPCVietnam] Happy New Year and My Reply to Recent Posts
- From: Quynh Vu Do <[email protected]>
- Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 16:22:07 +0700
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 220.127.116.11 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=[email protected]; dkim=pass (test mode) [email protected]
- Cc: Nancie Severs <[email protected]>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=uFde8mm4gWhTRwgG4Gz9ajZ9LdqX4yZBgKAwhO66AWY=; b=Em34lXt/hvCfC7nTFBhgSrHX/PSQxSL3IJJb01ltWLzH0Bgz/Qv1t7IXPZeIAE8b6E yBySUlmeUxse6hK38EBx+1ygdMFcU7OEaYLqyPaOFnsKQ+sy86GKGc2qQKHzKKwjWMYS PmUdOXiWZYKvA0EhploSrEMaGu1Kl6szgF/2Y=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=PlQX+iSIXvIP1OY9wYxxX8LNm+PdUibn44qS1go/3YInJResaVqqfMCf1o3wGnbRER vjcTNCJ5qfbDjxEsqDu9wwz9qbQoUX7QBHxcWYErg+VBHsZaHdVqToGqN5YucAtCAht2 e0Orh4xeH5fjwX1MVTK+Vsr7B6oCd99LHuA+E=
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
2011/2/18 Nancie Severs <[email protected]>:
> This is interesting about Intel. OLPC actually has a similar business
> model, hoping that governments will purchase the XOs in bulk and commit to
> the open source software platforms.
Actually, I saw on the Sugar on a Stick page, that the computers
displayed in the photos look like Classmate PC
> I am not discouraged. My efforts and personal financial donations to bring
> the first XOs to Vietnam were from my heart. Knowing my limitations, (I’m
> not technically highly skilled, my location is in the US, I’m a
> non-Vietnamese speaker and more), whatever the future of that project, I
> believe that I have had a positive impact on at least a few children and
> seeded ideas for the future. My work has been worthwhile. I do hope that
> Mr. Quynh is correct when he says “that things will eventually get in
Yes. For sure your action had a positive impact and has paved the way
to several spin-offs, and it's a great contribution to the OLPC
> I so appreciate every volunteer’s energy and efforts! I continue to be
> available as a liason to OLPC and to encourage OLPC Vietnam, which I hope
> will continue to grow from within Vietnam.
Are there any volunteers to gather for one afternoon (or morning, or
evening) and finish up the translation of the XO manual on
I "promised" to finish the translation for last year. It's never late
to fulfill that promise.
By gathering forces, in a short time we can help together to
accomplish one job : finish the translation and publish the XO manual
in Vietnamese !
I believe that by working at 3-4 persons, within 3-4 hours we could
finish the translation of XO Manual.
I'll provide some coffee, tea and biscuits !
So any volunteers for a translation sprint ? and do not hesitate to
propose a date !
Vu Do Quynh (M.)