Re: [OLPCVietnam] FOSS Asia Preparation

Hi Yang, Lilly and everyone,
Thank you for the update Yang! I think your ideas for the presentation are just right! I like the new organization points. In particular, the "Funding" piece is an important one.

During FOSS Asia, I would encourage everyone to spread the word that OLPC Vietnam is looking for funding for the XO project.

OLE Nepal actually got its first major funding in a grant from the government of Denmark. (I think it was the Danish embassy that became interested.) They used that to start their NGO. This summer, another foreign government unrelated to the location kicked in a nice amount of money for a project in Sao Tome, a former Portuguese colony near Africa.

At FOSS Asia, we may be able to attract some new members of our group, and there will hopefully be valuable networking opportunities too. Have fun Lilly! I hope your presentation goes really well and has a positive reception. Thank you everyone!
Nancie