[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [OLPCVietnam] FOSS Asia Preparation
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: Re: [OLPCVietnam] FOSS Asia Preparation
- From: Nancie Severs <[email protected]>
- Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 15:09:17 -0400
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 18.104.22.168 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=[email protected]; dkim=pass (test mode) [email protected]
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=AXKTfJ3S4KPLdUTWT8cqgDjy3wnx6K0v0JL/1px7eng=; b=fExtxwX60p5Wbm8H8MOfxpgbGtl4ERCSyRU4bOzRJinfI4n1EEWruzXwFjCkGqVSEj Q8dVqH8pBVo8ipKDLv2dHbK/kP2hWpCxLdOVq6flwiz7UrogG9p7tEME4D5lDbzjHEx6 3wzYCHmFgur18Ant66RxjH4WAF0sXT8/Y3Dic=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=pis0YiEqVYi6MUXxBIA4ffD8tic6SKGFEi5bTMQihsKZuWbxpeOCj7RoRbZjcyAbdc Inm7yZ5t5j1UF+e97zm3jkG/BoY0gmENtJfz9ItEUz2QHbSm2MOHmiH5rXIFTRK0I+GP a3Qyzo6Ywb2Pe1jpB79ha2iXQZYHAypH6jrhw=
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
Hi Yang, Lilly and everyone,
Thank you for the update Yang! I think your ideas for the presentation are just right! I like the new organization points. In particular, the "Funding" piece is an important one.
During FOSS Asia, I would encourage everyone to spread the word that OLPC Vietnam is looking for funding for the XO project.
OLE Nepal actually got its first major funding in a grant from the government of Denmark. (I think it was the Danish embassy that became interested.) They used that to start their NGO. This summer, another foreign government unrelated to the location kicked in a nice amount of money for a project in Sao Tome, a former Portuguese colony near Africa.
At FOSS Asia, we may be able to attract some new members of our group, and there will hopefully be valuable networking opportunities too. Have fun Lilly! I hope your presentation goes really well and has a positive reception. Thank you everyone!
On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Yang Ha Nguyen <[email protected]>
As you might have known, FOSS Asia is coming. We have just a couple
days before that event. Lilly will be the representative of OLPC
Vietnam in Hanoi at FOSS Asia (in Ho Chi Minh city).
Last Saturday, Lilly and I have discussed about the OLPC Vietnam
presentation for incoming FOSS Asia. With Lilly's discussion with Mario
before, we decided to reuse our presentation at the Software Freedom Day
last month and to add more information about the vision and future of
OLPC Vietnam. After the afternoon, we decided the put the following 4
points to the presentation:
- Primary organizing committee: It is the committee which will
organize everything from social activities to technical things.
This is a vital point of the project. We need a leader, we need
someone who understand and have to capability to manage, to
organize. This committee will decide what your goals are per each
milestone and leads us in the appropriate direction.
- Government participation: OLPC is an educational project, using XOs
as tools. Without the participation of the Vietnamese government,
it will never success.
- Increasing educational content: Not only does the education content
used with XOs have to be rich but also it needs to be localized to
be more appropriate for Vietnamese children.
- Funding: Yes, seriously, we need funding to maintain our project.
The funding may come from the government, partnerships,
We'd love to hear your opinions and advices about these points to make it
a part of our project and have other ones know about it through our
Web log: http://cmpitg.wordpress.com/
Life is a hack
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OLPC Vietnam" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected].
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/olpc-vietnam?hl=en.
This email came from my XO computer from the One Laptop Per Child project.
Please check out One Laptop Per Child at http://laptop.org/ and help make the world a better place!