Re: [OLPCVietnam] FOSS Asia Preparation

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:09 AM, Nancie Severs <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Yang, Lilly and everyone,

Hi all,

> Thank you for the update Yang! I think your ideas for the presentation are
> just right! I like the new organization points. In particular, the "Funding"
> piece is an important one.
>
> During FOSS Asia, I would encourage everyone to spread the word that OLPC
> Vietnam is looking for funding for the XO project.
>
> OLE Nepal actually got its first major funding in a grant from the
> government of Denmark. (I think it was the Danish embassy that became
> interested.) They used that to start their NGO. This summer, another foreign
> government unrelated to the location kicked in a nice amount of money for a
> project in Sao Tome, a former Portuguese colony near Africa.

Yes this is important to fund OLPC-VN but this is also important to
think about what we want to do.
Let's do some meeting soon in order to think about that.
After, we could go and visit some embassies (i have some contact with
the french embassy and also UNICEF).

> At FOSS Asia, we may be able to attract some new members of our group, and
> there will hopefully be valuable networking opportunities too. Have fun
> Lilly! I hope your presentation goes really well and has a positive
> reception. Thank you everyone!

Yes, we need more people, more developers, more translators !

Regards,

--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk