[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [OLPCVietnam] FOSS Asia Preparation
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: Re: [OLPCVietnam] FOSS Asia Preparation
- From: Duy Hùng Trần <[email protected]>
- Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 12:09:34 +0700
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 18.104.22.168 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=[email protected]; dkim=pass (test mode) [email protected]
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=tzfitRMmyciO8wEVyJJxsEUjnMjhueMg5uoWI26S0Cw=; b=o7ky1lk0aBx7amtEedDAmUIWCjqHls5Pr91Hg+1iSKy0LBziuj28o/7EX3dMbl0I4J 4sAGwlpTIg/XTf/bROlLgvG/4XjhQ80cSS8LajYl2v1qGqvIeHyG3HBEF46EyTKWP5K6 CElcVkZFbkKO/b3x1LLn46EwactzLX7LD7png=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=XcgltJS2SLeJJD58NoC6IGz6fRFqA2YrVvPB0DHr/9+j7IuV68aohNx/LI0UeConPf lBNK5jaSFxro10eELJp+h8upeNUp4ZoixmbFT8P+MJeseI2AgDEkBC+1/Dclel0jQi8j ZoVxSJyjn3OWmHJNfKO8eDvl4H2bXMgDPl/jw=
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
My name is Duy Hung Tran. I live in Ho Chi Minh city. I have joined Lubuntu Desktop project, I've helped translate LXDE desktop environment to Vietnamese, tested Lubuntu and reported bugs. OLPC is a good idea, very meaningful, so I want to participate and help the project. The problem is I only touched a OLPC once time at GNOME Asia Summit 2009, so I don't know much about its system, about all its fun applications...
I'm going to have a talk about Lubuntu at FOSSASIA. It's great if we could meet there and discuss more.
On 1 November 2010 08:06, Serge Stinckwich <[email protected]>
On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:09 AM, Nancie Severs <[email protected]
> Hi Yang, Lilly and everyone,
Yes this is important to fund OLPC-VN but this is also important to
> Thank you for the update Yang! I think your ideas for the presentation are
> just right! I like the new organization points. In particular, the "Funding"
> piece is an important one.
> During FOSS Asia, I would encourage everyone to spread the word that OLPC
> Vietnam is looking for funding for the XO project.
> OLE Nepal actually got its first major funding in a grant from the
> government of Denmark. (I think it was the Danish embassy that became
> interested.) They used that to start their NGO. This summer, another foreign
> government unrelated to the location kicked in a nice amount of money for a
> project in Sao Tome, a former Portuguese colony near Africa.
think about what we want to do.
Let's do some meeting soon in order to think about that.
After, we could go and visit some embassies (i have some contact with
the french embassy and also UNICEF).
Yes, we need more people, more developers, more translators !
> At FOSS Asia, we may be able to attract some new members of our group, and
> there will hopefully be valuable networking opportunities too. Have fun
> Lilly! I hope your presentation goes really well and has a positive
> reception. Thank you everyone!
UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk