Re: Next steps for OLPC Vietnam ?

On 11 mai, 10:03, Mario Behling <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Serge,
>
> sorry, for not replying earlier.
>
> I wish we would have the chance to meet up in person as online just
> takes a lot of time.
>
> On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Serge Stinckwich
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > i talked with Mr Rabi Karmacharya, executive director at OLE Nepal and
> > Ms Nguyet yesterday evening about their activities in Nepal and the
> > future of OLPC in Vietnam. It was quite interesting and i think OLPC
> > Vietnam should follow the same road.
>
> Yes, good idea. But I do not think many know exactly what road OLE took.
>
> > I would like to know if OLPC-Vietnam is formally setup in vietnam as a
> > NGO (or something like that) or if it just an informal group right
> > now.
>
> No, it is not so easy to set up an NGO and it could create a lot of
> overhead. What Mike was doing in Afghanistan is using his company and
> making one "department" more or less independent coordinating OLPC and
> applying for grants.

Yes i understand, another idea is to setup a not profitable
organization outside Vietnam (in US, Germany or France).
This is not too difficult.

> I think this is quite important if OLPC Vietnam want to apply for
>
> > grants in order to have some local developers, graphic designer and
> > contents providers.
>
> Yes, we need it. What do you suggest, how to procede?

I will ask on HanoiLug mailing-list.
I see 32 people registered here on this mailing-list. How many of you
are developers or graphics designer, educators ?
What are you skills ?

We need to setup a list of people and people we want to conduct.

> > I would like to help from the technical point of view. I think it is
> > really important to design some specific vietnamese contents and
> > projects for XO (like they did in Nepal). I will talk about XO on the
> > Hanoi Linux mailing list. Maybe some people might be interested to
> > join and i could help in order to train them (especially on the
> > EToys/Squeak aspect).
> > I see on the OLPC Vietnam web site that you have already apply for XO.
>
> Where exactly did you see the info about application for computers?
> There is no application up at the moment as far as I remember.
>

> > Did you receive some of them ?
>
> We did not receive any.

Ok, we should ask some of them for developers.

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk