Re: [saigonlug] write in vietnamese

Thanks, I'll try this !

Cédric

2010/7/9 Moriator <[email protected]>
On 7/9/2010 9:46 AM, Cédric Ridel wrote:

Hello,

First sorry to use english but my vietnamese too bad !
i intend to install ubuntu 1.04 on the computer of my wife. For her work she uses word and write vietnamese with vietkey (Unicode/telex). What should I install in ubuntu to use OpenOffice in order :
- to read files written by others with Word and Vietkey
- to export files in doc format so that those osers can read the files;

Thanks a lot if you can help me !

Cedric
--
SaigonLUG - Saigon GNU/Linux User Group
Website: http://saigonlug.org

OpenOffice runs well on Ubuntu 10.04, and it can read many formats including MS Office: .doc, .docx. OpenOffice Writer also exports to many format: .odt, .doc, .docx, .pdf,...

If you want to type Vietnamese, you can use SCIM Unikey or iBUS Unikey. You can Google them or find more information in http://www.ubuntu-vn.org/

Regards,

Võ Minh Huy