[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [saigonlug] write in vietnamese
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: Re: [saigonlug] write in vietnamese
- From: JC <[email protected]>
- Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 16:37:20 +0700
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 126.96.36.199 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=[email protected]; dkim=pass (test mode) [email protected]
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=oQpo63tzH6LPOWOoNyjUKsLYvJQ86C66KUYVPtw9/hE=; b=Llhv7xMskbkQUFhyGZvpGpRjpqir95V2rmikRPfgbupsaZ7nI+usxueEERgdmNNntP pHKHvf99C/YiLjvUTpE3xDjro7ZZfCMK+e9ZyRgOklM1O/kkOsx7m+8TpRINOCbPhEIw j5UQM914GMirTrUO3V7lN4Fmw+AAMQvTCqly8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=LrKXpchArNtrju5pWaD4Mgz9XeCSWPqqUmlSVz+DCyM8MoyefNuBaa3QGz3abBp3cd JFipgUKcD1IQ0xRSmLUGUqRXDzJx/rVSAk88bNA1+7QGOoLnz9vWNmE5lNNMkhnK/z77 LFbQ9/8SnJPFPXJo5y9JCqq2gNvRPDqvFFyG4=
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
2010/7/10 Folami Nguyen <[email protected]>
You can convert to Unicode or you can install more Vietnamese font.I strongly recommend you install more Vietnamese font.
Vietnamese document can use:
+Unicode font: You needn't install Unicode fonts. They are shipped with OO.o.
+VNI font, ABC (TCVN) font, Vietware font, BK-TPHCM font: You need to find this font in the Net and install them.
No, sorry but this is plain wrong...
Even if you install the old fonts, which you should now have been OBSOLETED by legal decision as soon as in 2001, you will have trouble using them with softwares such as OpenOffice.org (eg the usual [ư] problem).
And, BTW, it's probably illegal to install these old fonts outside their originally designed usage (without even talking about the illegal origin of some of them)...
Recommending to install the obsolete fonts is WRONG for technical reasons and strategical ones. Everything should already have been moved to Unicode now, and whatever has not moved yet, it's time to finish the move!