Re: [saigonlug] New member

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 10:36 PM, itmth19 <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear all,

Hey there,

Welcome to Linux geeks' world, dude (or lady since I haven't know
about you yet... )! ;-)

> I am new to linux, and I wonder to pick Ubuntu for Fedora for my
> begin?

Fedora Linux or Debian GNU/Linu to start with a GUI (Graphical User
Interface) or Arch Linux if you want to get your hand "dirty" (with
the black and white command line :D).

But don't worry since they're all Linux (Fedora, Ubuntu, Arch,
Gentoo.........), there is no big difference between them. You may
want to try several different distros then choose one that you "feel"
most comfortable with.  (Just "feeling", technical stuffs don't really
matter in this case.)

> I know a little about programming in VB.

VB is a Microsoft language and is fully supported only on Microsoft
platform. You sure you don't want to give other awesome languages,
platform-independence like Python, C, C++, Perl, Bash script a try?
;-)

Hehe, have fun with Linux! If you have any trouble or question, throw
them here. We would like to support.

Cheers.
An