[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [saigonlug] New member
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: Re: [saigonlug] New member
- From: An Nguyen <[email protected]>
- Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 09:21:26 +0700
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 18.104.22.168 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=[email protected]; dkim=pass (test mode) [email protected]
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=NdnZR12jRxO7UTvdjkcNBcloyT9Hks+EfIM49IB17V4=; b=FMQwgBEWLnQ0rfGtN62K54jLhE6XKYFE8o1M7eTV6g4GReX7qsvOQS/muWDsfGH137 BFIUOxicJgxqbrS1I/mq4FJxDyPKeDYy8LJa+dZb5F1im8ww6OSsaDUcio1da2qFVGk4 ma5pYz6VdTvBsBgwdGVm8ytDOeUnHrh7gbQtQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=DAMT4+HTwdOU7bKQ9cnhTr4Q5moajngnWdXNrl++zm2/Ok3NyhdODIJdwyDDvIMY2S 9YAMouaCdU9G6igkTa1SMXJ6soH0e9CFnCiRoOQD4vdwKShU9TznfWKlRG2hF4/4dCHR o7y5ST4KEJEAUKTTNCM9ipfDOY4MA5Q663ReY=
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]m>
- References: <[email protected]m>
On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 10:36 PM, itmth19 <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear all,
Welcome to Linux geeks' world, dude (or lady since I haven't know
about you yet... )! ;-)
> I am new to linux, and I wonder to pick Ubuntu for Fedora for my
Fedora Linux or Debian GNU/Linu to start with a GUI (Graphical User
Interface) or Arch Linux if you want to get your hand "dirty" (with
the black and white command line :D).
But don't worry since they're all Linux (Fedora, Ubuntu, Arch,
Gentoo.........), there is no big difference between them. You may
want to try several different distros then choose one that you "feel"
most comfortable with. (Just "feeling", technical stuffs don't really
matter in this case.)
> I know a little about programming in VB.
VB is a Microsoft language and is fully supported only on Microsoft
platform. You sure you don't want to give other awesome languages,
platform-independence like Python, C, C++, Perl, Bash script a try?
Hehe, have fun with Linux! If you have any trouble or question, throw
them here. We would like to support.