Re: [saigonlug] New member

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 07:36:52 -0800 (PST)
itmth19 <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I am a student at Tran Dai Nghia high school for the gifted.

Do you know Mr. Phuoc?

> I want to join in this group and I do not know where to begin with?
> I am new to linux, and I wonder to pick Ubuntu for Fedora for my
> begin?

If you want to enjoy Linux: Pick any of them and try them in about 6 months, then switch to others. See my example: http://gx.viettug.org/zen/kyanh/flickr/2507997575.png.html (my next items are FreeBSD, TinyCore and ArchLinux)

If you want to use Linux to study maths, see pr0n,...: try Ubuntu

> I know a little about programming in VB.

Very good start.

Cheers,

--
Anh Ky Huynh @ UTC+7