Re: [saigonlug] New member

Welcome!

If you're new I suggest starting with Ubuntu and once familiar you can start playing with other distributions like Arch, Debian, etc.

If you're looking to write VB code in Linux maybe you can take a look at Mono: http://www.mono-project.com/VisualBasic.NET_support They now have complete support for VB.NET

Cheers,

Nguyen Anh Hung

Mobile: +84987 005 477
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/anhhung
Blog [Vietnamese]: http://www.thaodom-anhhung.com
Blog [English]: http://www.fresco20.com

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Anh K. Huynh <[email protected]> wrote:
On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 07:36:52 -0800 (PST)
itmth19 <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I am a student at Tran Dai Nghia high school for the gifted.

Do you know Mr. Phuoc?

> I want to join in this group and I do not know where to begin with?
> I am new to linux, and I wonder to pick Ubuntu for Fedora for my
> begin?

If you want to enjoy Linux: Pick any of them and try them in about 6 months, then switch to others. See my example: http://gx.viettug.org/zen/kyanh/flickr/2507997575.png.html (my next items are FreeBSD, TinyCore and ArchLinux)

If you want to use Linux to study maths, see pr0n,...: try Ubuntu

> I know a little about programming in VB.

Very good start.

Cheers,

--
Anh Ky Huynh @ UTC+7