From: Pockey Lam <[email protected]>
Date: 2011/4/13
Subject: [Marketing] Marketing committee bi-weekly IRC meeting
To: The SFD marketing committee list <[email protected]>
Cc : Board SFD <[email protected]>

Dear all,

We are opening registration of SFD 2011 very soon in either May or
June! So it's time for us to work on our marketing and promotion to
prepare for our coming big SFD 2011!

Thanks to the team leader survey [1], we have a hundred SFD team
leaders added in this SFD-marketing list. Here I would like to thank
you for your long term support of SFD by organizing events as well as
your interest to support SFD on a global level.

[1] http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/en/blog/149-sfd-team-leader-survey-results
- please have a look, there are a lot of interesting insights and
feedbacks as well as suggestions

In order to get started, I would like to invite you to join a
bi-weekly marketing committee meeting in the coming week.
Please reply this email and let us know if you are interested to join,
and the timing and date you preferred.

Timing:
There are three options for the timing and dates, please reply and
select your preference if you planned to join (the result will base on
votes)

Option 1) UTC 0200
Option 2) UTC 0800
Option 3) UTC 1400

You may use http://www.timeanddate.com/ to convert to your local time.

Option 1) April 17 (Sunday)
Option 2) April 19 (Tuesday)
Option 3) April 20 (Wednesday)

IRC channel
Channel: sfd-marketing
Server: Freenode

Agenda of 1st meeting:

Date of open registration
Start different marketing sub-team leader / members for 2011 and recruitment

Web team
Documentation team (create new contents for website / wiki)
Localization team
Graphic design team (design web banners / count down,etc.)
Press release team (prepare and promote press release)
Sponsorship / partnership team (to help to get local sponsors / partners)
Admin team e.g. writing meeting notes of the regular meeting
Others

Goodies selection (based on survey results) for 2011
Competition prizes (based on survey results) for 2011
Regular date / time of our upcoming bi-weekly meetings
Other open topics

(please feel free to add agenda item here at
http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/MarketingCommittee/Agenda before
the meeting)

Reference:
http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/MarketingCommittee/Tasks2011
There are a lot of tasks available from the above list, please check
out and put your name in it and start working on it now. Of course
please feel free to add new items as we always need more innovative
way to market / promote SFD!

Thanks a lot and see you soon!
Pockey Lam

Vu Do Quynh (M.)