[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
pacman for your Linux distribution
- To: SaigonLUG Mailing List <[email protected]>
- Subject: pacman for your Linux distribution
- From: "Anh K. Huynh" <[email protected]>
- Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 21:35:32 +0700
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 220.127.116.11 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) smtp.mail=[email protected]
- Face: no-face
- Organization: Vietnamese TeX Users Group
- User-agent: no-info
I'd like to introduce my daily tool: pacapt (aka pacman for your distribution).
"An Arch's pacman-liked package manager for all Linux distributions.
Actually this Bash script provides a wrapper for system's package manager.
Instead of remembering various options/tools on different OSs, you only
need a common way to manipulate packages. Not all options of the native
package manager are ported; the tool only provides very basic interface to
search, install, remove packages and/or update the system
The tool supports the following types of package manager:
pacman by Arch Linux, ArchBang
dpkg/apt-get by Debian, Ubuntu
yum/rpm by Redhat, CentOS, Fedora Core"
See more information at: https://github.com/icy/pacapt
Any comments are highly appreciated.
Anh Ky Huynh @ ICT
Registered Linux User #392115