Re: [saigonlug] Using GUI without a mouse

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011, Tho Nguyen wrote:

> Có cái này hay nè, ai có gì hay hơn thì thêm vào đây.
>
> http://kkovacs.eu/cool-but-obscure-unix-tools

Hi folks,

Since the day I used OpenBox with [1] PyTyle 1.0 (my fork at [3], fixing some
bugs and adding a tiling method), and now [2] Awesome window manager, I haved
lost all my habits of using mouse.  In my opinion, one can totally get rid of
the mouse if s/he can:

* Manage all the windows and their contents.  Consult your window manager or
  your application-specific manuals/extensions for further information.  For
  example, the Vimperator and Gleebox add-ons in Firefox, ...  Thought, a
  tiling/dynamic window manager is the best option, I believe.

* Emulate the mouse' behaviours, e.g. pointing, clicking, dragging and
  dropping.  Some window managers (like Awesome) allow you to write code to
  archive these features.  Or you can make use of some X's tools like:
  xdotool, xte, ...

[1] http://pytyle.com/wiki/Main_Page

[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awesome_%28window_manager%29

[3] https://launchpad.net/pytyle

Kind regards,
Dương "Yang"
--
Dương "Yang" ヤン Hà Nguyễn
Web log: http://cmpitg.wordpress.com/

[ Do not send me Microsoft Office attachments, please.
  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html ]