From: Khánh Lê <[email protected]>
Date: 2011/7/6
Subject: [FOSSASIA] Invitation of co-hosting FOSS4G 2012
To: [email protected]

Hi FOSSASIA,

I'm Khanh Le from CIREN (Information and Communication Technology Department of Natural Resources and Environment) - an active member of OSGeo Vietnam. Recently, we received an invitation from OSGeo Conference Committee about potential of hosting the next FOSS4G conference in Vietnam.

OSGeo: is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to support and promote the collaborative development of open geospatial technologies and data.
FOSS4G: is the global conference focused on Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial, organized by OSGeo.

CIREN has decided to host FOSS4G 2012 and is going to send official Letters of Intent to OSGeo Conference Committee within few days. Just wondering if FOSSASIA has interest in co-hosting this event with us? I think this is a good chance for open source and open GIS in Vietnam and the region.

Best wishes,

Websites:
CIREN http://ciren.gov.vn/
OSGeo http://www.osgeo.org