Re: [ttylinux:14] install php5, mysql and apache2

thanks douglas this wasn't a joke I am needing a small OS that can provide these services for me.

2010/11/5 Douglas Jerome <[email protected]>
Teddy Limousin wrote:
> hello I am using ttylinux and wanted to know how to install a web
> server on it with theses capabilities:
>
> php5,
> java,
> python,
> mysql,
> apache2
>
> is there a guide or something to do this. Thanks
>
> Regards
> Teddy

I dunno if this is a joke or a troll...

When running ttylinux type this command "df -h" and take a
look at the file system size; it is 8 MB with some file
system overhead and has a little less than 2.5 MB free space.

But, there are a few ways to try to do what you are asking:

1. Get the ttylinux source distribution and learn how to
  build ttylinux from its source. Increase the file system
  size and figure out how to cross-compile the apps and
  any libraries they depend upon. And hope you have enough
  memory to hold all that in a RAM disk file system.

2. Install ttylinux into a hard drive and copy (you can use
  FTP or scp) these apps and the libraries they depend upon
  from another Linux system into the ttylinux file system and
  hope they run.

3. Install ttylinux into a hard drive. On a different host,
  such as a Fedora system, get the ttylinux source
  distribution and learn how to build ttylinux from its
  source. Cross-build the apps and the libraries they
  depend upon as ttylinux add-ons and copy (you can use FTP
  or scp) these apps and the libraries into the ttylinux
  file system.

If I wanted to run a server with these apps I would use CentOS
and not even think of ttylinux.

--
Teddy Limousin