Re: [ttylinux:48] Re: ttylinux , qemu and eth0

ggbutcher wrote:
> When all else fails, grep the source...
>
> I did just that, on qemu-0.13.0, found the mnemonic "SWSTYLE" in the
> file pcnet.c, which appears to be the qemu PC-Net II (Am79C970A)
> ethernet NIC emulator.  Indeed, the last reference found is in the
> printf that produces the message in question.  Apparently, a value of
> 4 is not good...

It seems to me that there is a mismatch between what the kernel
driver wants and what qemu Am79C970A emulation thinks it should
get.

> Notice this is a top-post.  This is how I do these things, really as a
> matter of courtesy.  If you don't like my response, you can figure
> that out much more quickly than if you had to scroll to the bottom to
> see it.  :D

:P

> catafest, with respect to your inability to find the repo host, I
> suggest you inspect your /etc/resolv.conf, make sure the line
> 'nameserver 10.0.2.3' is contained therein.  I don't think qemu's dhcp
> server is responding to all the options needed to establish a full
> internet connection.

Do you think there is something that ttylinux could do better
with udhcpc or /usr/share/udhcpc/default.script? I don't use
bridge-utils, or whatever it is, so qemu's networking is useless
to me because I have no bridge to get it onto my 192.168.1.x
subnet (if I said that right).