Re: ttylinux , qemu and eth0

On Jan 31, 6:24 pm, Douglas Jerome <[email protected]> wrote:

> Do you think there is something that ttylinux could do better
> with udhcpc or /usr/share/udhcpc/default.script? I don't use
> bridge-utils, or whatever it is, so qemu's networking is useless
> to me because I have no bridge to get it onto my 192.168.1.x
> subnet (if I said that right).

I just tried to manually get a lease from a i686 ttylinux running in a
Win32/qemu 0.13.0 with -net user (the mode that provides the dhcp
server) with udhcpc -O dns; I didn't end up with a /etc/resolv.conf
containing 'nameserver 10.0.2.3', which is the qemu lan nameserver.  I
have in the past set it up manually, created /etc/resolv.conf by hand
(vi), and it works.  So, right now, I think it's the qemu dhcp server
that's deficient.

You don't need bridge-utils or a TAP/TUN interface with -net user; to
your host, the VM looks like just another program accessing its
network interfaces.