kickstart

Hi all,

I solicit responses.

I don't know Red Hat's kick start, but I think I get
the idea: At the end of the boot process, look at a
boot parameter to get a configuration file name. Get
the file and read its content; use this configuration
data to guide an installation process.

If I make this for ttylinux, what information is
required to be in the file? I prefer that ttylinux not
do the target disk(s)' partitioning, mostly because I
don't want to add sfdisk and take the time to learn/test
an automatic partitioning script, but I might be
convinced...

The configuration file needs to describe what?

=> describe target drive partitions:
   UUID?, file system type (ext2, etc.), mount point

=> network interfaces to bring up for the installed system?

=> ...?