[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ttylinux:147] [RFC]download http://www.ttylinux.org/Test/ttylinux-src-mp3.tar.bz2
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: Re: [ttylinux:147] [RFC]download http://www.ttylinux.org/Test/ttylinux-src-mp3.tar.bz2
- From: harryxiyou <[email protected]>
- Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 13:41:19 +0800
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 18.104.22.168 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=[email protected]; dkim=pass [email protected]
- Cc: Kang Hua <[email protected]>, Harry Wei <[email protected]>, [email protected]
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=KORfqSx3MupIHV9xIMpUBUl5CHWvqFBGpN23z7MUMvg=; b=o1b/o3s/StrWKAugAKb0Kp0P7t4FSuD86AV7mxLCB9Kbl3cgis8Azp7+rTXyFYhmpZ 3yRWhsuZHU0eCUA1FXNnhdcHfwKUz/jAHFqzb0PRaiDJp8MurGheeh1rNb7UhjscLwhk 7CXrcj03UFPYeshMVeh3eaElnUQ2TXB5k0y3s=
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]om> <[email protected]>
On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 9:35 AM, Douglas Jerome <[email protected]> wrote:
> See my comments below, in you original email text.
Thanks for your comments, please see some other questions below :-)
> ttylinux-src-mp3.tar.bz2 is old; it is not available. Also, you
> should not get anything from a *Test* folder (look in the URL
> you wrote in the above text) unless I've emailed the link to you
> or the group, otherwise you probably will not get what you expect.
Hmm..., you are right. Actually i see the article here
for building a micro linux image. But i can not get the ttylinux-src-mp3.tar.bz2
showed in it.
> Historically, there was ttylinux only for the x86 PC architecture
> and the naming convention was to use the glibc version as part of
> the ttylinux version number. I added ttylinux distributions for
> other architectures, such as Macintosh PowerPC, BeagleBoard armv7,
> etc. and also several sizes for the same architecture, some having
> glibc versions different from others. The naming convention broke
> for the so-called "source" distribution that is actually the build
> system for all architecture variants. I changed the naming convention
> for the "source" distribution to a simple number, increasing with
> each release, and also tagged it with "mp" for *M*ultiple *P*latform.
> Notice that "source" is not a good name for this as it has no
> source code packages; it actually is the build system, not source
Thanks for your work. I have known the meaning of 'mp'. I also wanna
get the meaning of ttylinux. 'tty' may not only represent the word 'tiny'.
Cloud you tell me the exact meaning.
> No, those instructions do not literally apply to
Ok. But do you have any other articles, which is for ttylinux-src-mp9.tar.bz2
to create a micro linux.
Thanks for your help