Re: [ttylinux:197] Re: Next Release

On Friday, March 9, 2012 5:20:35 AM UTC+1, djerome wrote:
Simon Haines wrote:
> On 9 March 2012 12:02, Douglas Jerome <[email protected]
> <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
>
>     Someone tell me what things I might sensible have in a
>     git repo. (I'm playing the straight man here.) No one's
>     actually said what.
>

> Why not just keep the source package in github?
> See: https://github.com/simonhaines/ttylinux
>
> (I've been meaning to get around to integrating the most recent release
> to this repository, and gladly accept pull requests).

Yeah. That's about the only sensible thing I could think of, but
I wanted to hear if there is a reasonable say in some other things
being put into a git repo.

But I don't know git. Maybe in a week or two...

I also meant to host build system on github. This way one could quickly update package versions before final release. Some git resources:

http://progit.org/book/
http://book.git-scm.com/index.html
https://plus.google.com/u/0/112500102483798323902/posts
https://plus.google.com/u/0/108773479200907639043

And another issue. Could you please activate IRQ sharing for serial ports (8250/16Cx5x UARTs) and increase both run-time and configure-time port number to 32? This really basic driver and I find it rather handy to use for serial port checking.

Yegor