Re: [ttylinux:205] Re: git

Yegor Yefremov wrote:

> On Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:15:36 AM UTC+1, djerome wrote:
>
>     I think I cannot say I like git.
>     But here is a start: https://github.com/djerome/ttylinux
>     <https://github.com/djerome/ttylinux>
>     After I git it all uploaded I will tag it (I think "tag" is what it is
>     called) with "10.0", as that is what I am uploading.
>

> Great news! Git is awesome, but requires learning. Once you can git you
> automatically can mercurial, bazaar etc.

I need some git coaching.

I tried to have git ignore files in a directory
but it ignores the directory itself and now
there are some important directories missing from
the git repo.

The .gitignore file is in the repo, so you can
I have entries like this:

ttylinux-build/build/*

and that prevents the ttylinux-build/build directory
from being added.

How do I have the ttylinux-build/build directory but
not any file in it? What am I going wrong?