[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ttylinux:207] Re: git
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: Re: [ttylinux:207] Re: git
- From: Yegor Yefremov <[email protected]>
- Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 00:20:37 +0100
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 22.214.171.124 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=[email protected]; dkim=pass [email protected]
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=yyMpULsQV3sowalXB9zOQDAA/TGEdcZZIeHM6nRP+Ho=; b=CAkWlazPow4Y7AR3enA1+U5eTNPa4sD+KQbBLcQlsZA+y23WrsNzqKSyfAHknLludq 5u85opYzgAbah0/ZKflrHecYWjAwnqhw7LRuWna5CnoYzRZAo3whxu64lB9xAs/9r8Aj jGWFyayAhYaS30Lz6+qsjGGVBOQDL8FBpMta7K/ymdFWazUGKcYgaP0w3f84toFVqGAS 9W5e/q/rNSDdpv24ST/5Wz9sKKlhvzdp7jLlIDRu/QsWV9YLc9nv5BT6p3EMw/VJnLw4 0RkAAdD0JFjviprXifr+A8CKmtbgBxU6UlNAw1p4cTB86BBmnKp5m9Hx3xAISmETp3fx t63g==
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]m> <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 11:54 PM, Douglas Jerome <[email protected]> wrote:
> Yegor Yefremov wrote:
>> On Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:15:36 AM UTC+1, djerome wrote:
>> I think I cannot say I like git.
>> But here is a start: https://github.com/djerome/ttylinux
>> After I git it all uploaded I will tag it (I think "tag" is what it is
>> called) with "10.0", as that is what I am uploading.
>> Great news! Git is awesome, but requires learning. Once you can git you
>> automatically can mercurial, bazaar etc.
> I need some git coaching.
> I tried to have git ignore files in a directory
> but it ignores the directory itself and now
> there are some important directories missing from
> the git repo.
> The .gitignore file is in the repo, so you can
> I have entries like this:
> and that prevents the ttylinux-build/build directory
> from being added.
> How do I have the ttylinux-build/build directory but
> not any file in it? What am I going wrong?
I must admit, I don't really know how to make this in git, but you
don't actually need an empty temp dir like build. See how Buildroot is
dealing with this:
dirs: $(DL_DIR) $(TOOLCHAIN_DIR) $(BUILD_DIR) $(STAGING_DIR) $(TARGET_DIR) \
$(HOST_DIR) $(BINARIES_DIR) $(STAMP_DIR)
Just add something like this to your all target in main Makefile
(somehow I'm missing all target)