Re: [ttylinux:207] Re: git

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 11:54 PM, Douglas Jerome <[email protected]> wrote:
> Yegor Yefremov wrote:
>>

>> On Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:15:36 AM UTC+1, djerome wrote:
>>
>>     I think I cannot say I like git.
>>     But here is a start: https://github.com/djerome/ttylinux
>>     <https://github.com/djerome/ttylinux>
>>     After I git it all uploaded I will tag it (I think "tag" is what it is
>>     called) with "10.0", as that is what I am uploading.
>>

>> Great news! Git is awesome, but requires learning. Once you can git you
>> automatically can mercurial, bazaar etc.
>
> I need some git coaching.
>
> I tried to have git ignore files in a directory
> but it ignores the directory itself and now
> there are some important directories missing from
> the git repo.
>

> The .gitignore file is in the repo, so you can
> I have entries like this:
>
> ttylinux-build/build/*
>
> and that prevents the ttylinux-build/build directory
> from being added.
>
> How do I have the ttylinux-build/build directory but
> not any file in it? What am I going wrong?

I must admit, I don't really know how to make this in git, but you
don't actually need an empty temp dir like build. See how Buildroot is
dealing with this:

dirs: $(DL_DIR) $(TOOLCHAIN_DIR) $(BUILD_DIR) $(STAGING_DIR) $(TARGET_DIR) \
        $(HOST_DIR) $(BINARIES_DIR) $(STAMP_DIR)

Just add something like this to your all target in main Makefile
(somehow I'm missing all target)

Yegor