Re: [ttylinux:206] Re: git

Yegor Yefremov wrote:
 .

> I must admit, I don't really know how to make this in git, but you
> don't actually need an empty temp dir like build. See how Buildroot is
> dealing with this:
>
> dirs: $(DL_DIR) $(TOOLCHAIN_DIR) $(BUILD_DIR) $(STAGING_DIR) $(TARGET_DIR) \
>         $(HOST_DIR) $(BINARIES_DIR) $(STAMP_DIR)
>
> Just add something like this to your all target in main Makefile
> (somehow I'm missing all target)
>
> Yegor

Then I'd rather not use git.

Don't spin me up!

I can give a long speech about how wrong your thinking is.

Short story:
The tool should help me do what I already am doing. My goal is
to build ttylinux, not use git. I do not so love a solution that
I look for problems on which to use the solution; I find a problem
and then try to make a good solution. The ttylinux build process
is not broken such that the change you suggested fixes it. I am
loath to change something that is not broken at the behest of a tool
that I do not need. I do not want to go the way of compromising on
the ttylinux build process to fit the short comings of a tool while
getting no particular benefit. Product design decisions should be
pure, and tools selected and used to effect those design decisions.
Zealots love their tools and let those tools drive their design
decisions; I really really try to avoid that.