Re: [ttylinux:212] Re: git

On 03/14/12 15:43, Simon Haines wrote:
On 15 March 2012 02:34, djerome <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
    If anyone has any proposed changes, such as kernel configurations
    or additional package builds in pkg-cfg, then just email them to me
    as compressed files and/or patches.

You'll make it much easier on yourself to learn about pull requests and merge code that way. If anyone wants to add changes they can fork your repository, make their changes locally, and send a pull request. You can easily merge their code into a branch of your repository and inspect it for quality etc and then merge it into your main branch when ready. This is the heart of the git workflow and is a vast improvement over the more traditional way of merging patch files.
My whole post seemed disjoint; I probably did that before coffee.

Yes, I think I intended to imply a preface of something like the following.

The ttylinux git repo is available but as I am still git-ignorant,
          for the time being, as I learn to use it:

And by "email them to me" I mean to say "post them here", but it would
be best to precede that with a post stating the problem and proposed
solution.