Re: [ttylinux:226] Re: building ttylinux 10.0 with ubuntu 11.10

Hi Douglas,

thanks for your support! I created the links and I was able to finish the build of ttylinux.
Apart from the few problems, which I think are necessary to learn a little what's behind, the build process is well designed and well documented.
Now I'll try the build on my target and then try to add the stuff I need e.g. telnetd.

Some time ago I've tried to build google chromium os and spent the most time to reach the point from the day before. It was so dynamic and I supose aimless too. At least I gave up.
With ttylinux I feel a progress and that's what I like!

Best regards
Martin

Am Sonntag, 25. März 2012 05:15:01 UTC+2 schrieb djerome:
On 03/24/12 15:46, Douglas Jerome wrote:
> On 03/24/12 10:28, Martin wrote:
>>
>> Actual the problem is alsa-utils-1.0.25. I did, as you suggested a
>> clean, but now I'm at this point again.
>> The desired logfile I'll send to your e-mail account and next follow
>> your hint to disable the build.
>
> I think I see the problem; it seems that "new_panel" (a function?) is
> missing
> from the ncurses panel library. I do not know why you have this problem
> but I don't. I am rebuilding my pc_i686 ttylinux from scratch and I will
> investigate
> this as much as I can.

Short answer:

After you see the alsa-utils error give these commands:

      $ sudo ln -s libncurses.so.5 sysroot/usr/lib/libtinfo.so.5
      $ sudo ln -s libtinfo.so.5   sysroot/usr/lib/libtinfo.so

Then continue building the packages:

      $ make pkgs_

Then finish the distribution build:

      $ make fsys distdir distimg

Long answer:

I now have the same problem. I also have new problems building
the cross-tool chain for pc_i486. And, when there is a build
error I no longer see my error messages. I haven't made changes
to these build scripts, and it's all using the same packages
source code. wtf!?

I blame Fedora 16 auto-updates giving me newer, better software
dev tool versions. I cannot quite account for this alsa problem
with newer dev tools. Maybe some bad memory (organic, not silicon)
is happening.

Hence forth, I will be keeping the build logs of the binary
releases, maybe bzip them and put them in the ISO.