ttylinux and nodejs

Hi Guys,

I want create a build of ttylinux with absolute minimal packages for
nodejs
I want to put it on an Amazon EC2 cloud.
I have looked at the tutorial over at ioncannon to get it on the
cloud. (ie. disabling things for XEN)

I want the absolute minimul as in do drivers except for networking and
of course dropbear for remote ssh.
I don't even want the local display devices to have a terminal. (Just
like a linux router would have)

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to start on
such a project.
Is it possible to update the kernel version to the latest stable build
also?

I know I have a lot of questions here, a good sense of where to start
would help greatly.

Kindest Regards
Martell Malone