Problem with dual networks in Virtualbox

I am trying to setup ttylinux in virtual box with two network cards.
I have ttylinux installed on a virtual hard disk.

My WinXP PC has two network cards.  One is connected to a network with DHCP and the other to a local network with static IP: 192.168.92.1.
In the virtualbox I have the:
    network card with DHCP set to NAT
    network card with static IP set to bridged

This setup is working well with Ubuntu, I am trying to get it working with smaller system image.

In ttylinux:

If I bring up just eth0 in DHCP mode DNS resolution works and I can send and receive to the the internet.
If I bring up just eth1 with static IP 192.168.92.2, I can send and receive on the local network.
If I bring up both eth0 and eth1 the traffic on eth0 stops.

Any idea what I need to do to get both working?