Re: Problem with dual networks in Virtualbox

I have a two-nic qemu vm setup similar to yours, and eth1 is the first default gateway entry, eth0 the second.  I hadn't used it to get to non-local subnets, so I hadn't noticed the problem.

Yes, take a look in ifcfg-eth1, comment out the GATEWAY line.  I just did that, stopped and restarted eth1, and all works.