Re: [ttylinux:317] Running ttylinux-flash on a non ttylinux Linux host

Thanks. I'll try that.

I'm also having trouble with the syntax of the ttylinux-flash command.

I tried booting up to the ttylinux CD-ROM, and mounting a USB flash drive with the ttylinux ISO. The flash drive was mounted on /mnt/usbdrive. Let's call this USB1.

I then mounted the ttylinux ISO on /mnt/cdrom

I also mounted another USB flash drive, the one that I wish to copy ttylinux over to, on /mnt/flash. Let's call this USB2. I have a 32MB FAT32 partition on it.

I ran fdisk -l to find out that USB2 is /dev/sdb, and the sole FAT32 partition is /dev/sdb1

Then I ran the command "ttylinux-flash -l /mnt/cdrom /mnt/flash /dev/sdb" but got the error:

Checking if flash disk is mounted...ERROR
Flash disk /mnt/flash is not mounted on /dev/sdb

I also tried "ttylinux-flash -l /mnt/cdrom /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdb" but got a similar error.

What am I doing wrong, and what is the right syntax?

Thanks!

On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 5:26:43 PM UTC+8, Jeff Pohlmeyer wrote:
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 2:59 AM, galapogos <[email protected]> wrote:

> mount -t iso9660 -o loop ttylinux-i486-14.1.iso mnt/cdrom

> How do I get the ttylinux-flash script onto my Ubuntu host without booting
> up from a ttylinux CD-ROM?

mount -t iso9660 -o loop ttylinux-i486-14.1.iso mnt/cdrom
gzip -dc mnt/cdrom/boot/filesys.gz > /tmp/filesys
umount mnt/cdrom
mkdir -p /tmp/filesys.mnt
mount -o loop -t ext2 /tmp/filesys /tmp/filesys.mnt/
cp -ai /tmp/filesys.mnt/sbin/ttylinux-flash /tmp/ttylinux-flash
umount /tmp/filesys
rm /tmp/filesys
rmdir /tmp/filesys.mnt
ls -lh /tmp/ttylinux-flash