Re: [ttylinux:319] Running ttylinux-flash on a non ttylinux Linux host

On 02/27/13 03:06, galapogos wrote:
Thanks. I'll try that.

I'm also having trouble with the syntax of the ttylinux-flash command.

I tried booting up to the ttylinux CD-ROM, and mounting a USB flash
drive with the ttylinux ISO. The flash drive was mounted on
/mnt/usbdrive. Let's call this USB1.

I then mounted the ttylinux ISO on /mnt/cdrom

I also mounted another USB flash drive, the one that I wish to copy
ttylinux over to, on /mnt/flash. Let's call this USB2. I have a 32MB
FAT32 partition on it.

I ran fdisk -l to find out that USB2 is /dev/sdb, and the sole FAT32
partition is /dev/sdb1

Then I ran the command "ttylinux-flash -l /mnt/cdrom /mnt/flash
/dev/sdb" but got the error:

Checking if flash disk is mounted...ERROR
Flash disk /mnt/flash is not mounted on /dev/sdb

I also tried "ttylinux-flash -l /mnt/cdrom /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdb" but got a
similar error.

What am I doing wrong, and what is the right syntax?

Thanks!
After mounting the flash drive at /mnt/flash, check that it is
mounted with just the `mount' command. Then try this crazy command
to see if you get "/def/sdb1":

	mount | grep " /mnt/flash " | awk '{print $1}'