Re: [ttylinux:322] Running ttylinux-flash on a non ttylinux Linux host

On 02/28/13 18:38, galapogos wrote:
Anyone?

On Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:06:42 AM UTC+8, galapogos wrote:

    On Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:15:28 AM UTC+8, djerome wrote:

        After mounting the flash drive at /mnt/flash, check that it is
        mounted with just the `mount' command. Then try this crazy
        command
        to see if you get "/def/sdb1":

                mount | grep " /mnt/flash " | awk '{print $1}'

-- Douglas Jerome
    OK, I managed to copy the ttylinux-flash binary over to my Ubuntu
    box so I tried to run the script there.

    Mounted the cdrom ISO to /mnt/cdrom.
    Inserted the USB flash drive that I wish to install ttylinux to,
    and Ubuntu auto-mounted it on /media. I unmounted it and remounted
    it to /mnt/flash
    Ran sudo fdisk -l, and confirmed that the flash drive is /dev/sdc
    Ran mount, and got /dev/sdc1 on /mnt/flash type vfat (rw), which
    means it's mounted correctly.
    Ran mount | grep "/mnt/flash" | awk '{print $1}' and got /dev/sdc1.
    Ran sudo ./ttylinux-flash -l /mnt/cdrom/ /mnt/flash/ /dev/sdc and
    got the same error again:

    i> Checking CD-ROM /mnt/cdrom/...OK
    => Using ttylinux version 14.1 from CDROM
    => media source created Mon Aug 13 20:34:26 MST 2012.
    i> Checking if flash disk is mounted...ERROR
    E> Flash disk /mnt/flash/ is not mounted on /dev/sdc
    => Did you use a rooted path starting with "/" ?

    What am I doing wrong?

Patience. I am not checking email everyday, for another week
or so, because I am recovering from an appendectomy. The
infection was horrific, and the meds are whacking me. I'll be
myself after another week. Enough about me...

To answer your question: I think you are not being exactly precise
in following the guide.
http://ttylinux.net/Documents/multi/node17.html

The transfer script is very rudimentary. It probably is not
matching /mnt/flash/ in the output of the mount command, because
it is /mnt/flash, without the trailing '/' character.