Re: [ttylinux:326] Running ttylinux-flash on a non ttylinux Linux host

On 02/28/13 20:58, galapogos wrote:
OK, turns out it needs to be /mnt/flash and /dev/sdd.
So, like I said about exactly precise, even I missed that...

However, after that I got another error message saying LILO isn't in the PATH. I'm not using LILO on my Ubuntu so I had to boot up from a ttylinux CD-ROM, mount the CD-ROM, and run the install script, which worked!
Booted up into ttylinux on my USB flash drive after that perfectly.
Thanks!
However, I have a few more questions...

1. I wish to change LILO options in lilo.conf. I tried doing this then running lilo again, but I get the following error message:
Fatal: raid_setup: stat("%TTYLINUX_BOOT_DEV%")
How do I rectify this?
Ooo, I think that is not a good idea. The lilo.conf that was used to put the lilo boot loader code into the boot sector of the flash drive was built and used by the ttylinux-flash script; it is on the flash drive, not in the live RAM disk system. Mount the flash drive at /mnt/flash and see the /mnt/flash/boot/lio.conf file; this is the file you want to change. The you can run lilo from the command line, like:
lilo -C /mnt/flash/boot/lilo.conf

This is scary. I do not expect it to work. There is a better description,
it is section "3. Lilo Method" here:
http://ttylinux.net/Documents/multi/node46.html

2. I wish to suppress all boot up message, including the kernel
printks. Is this possible with the stock kernel by appending something
in LILO?
Change this line (preserving the actual <UUID> string)

      append = "ro ttylinux-flash=<UUID>"

to be

     append = "quiet ro ttylinux-flash=<UUID>"

3. I wish to auto-login, is this possible?
That would involve opening the initrd file system, making some changes
I can't think of now, and then remaking the initrd file system. I really do not
know about making an automatic login.

Thanks again!