Re: [ttylinux:332] Running ttylinux-flash on a non ttylinux Linux host

On 03/06/13 00:37, galapogos wrote:
Thanks. /dev/sda1 which is the flash drive is already formatted as ext2, and it is indeed seen by the PC as /dev/sda1 as it is the only USB device connected to the PC, and no other SATA drives are connected.
I believe the problem is that the USB drivers are not loaded by the
time the kernel tries to mount the root fs.
This is why having the kernel messages during boot helps you.

I'm pretty sure a "rootwait" kernel parameter will solve this problem, as it has solved the same problem when I tried to copy a working Linux disk image into my flash drive. However, I'm not sure how I can pass this kernel parameter in the LILO menu, or update LILO when it doesn't even let me get to the shell.
Did you configure your lilo to wait with a lilo prompt, and maybe a
short 5 second timeout if you type nothing? If you can get the lilo
boot prompt, then type "ttylinux rootwait" (or whatever your lilo
target is named, if not ttylinux.)

After booted, edit the /etc/lilo.conf file and add "roowait" to the
"append" line for the target.