Re: [ttylinux:333] git branch 16.0

Hi, I've been lurking a bit.  I just saw the update notice and have a couple questions regarding the kernel version.

I am interested in using ttylinux on an eBox 3350MX.  This has a DMP Vortext86MX core (roughly Intel i486/Pentium compatible).  I have been using a slimmed down version of Ubuntu for a couple years, but the last version that will run on this machine is 10.04.  Newer versions use PentiumPro (CMOV) instructions and do not work.  So I am looking around for other options and ttylinux seems nice and slim.  One of the things I do not like about ext3 is how fragile the filesystem is on SD cards.  We've had a couple corrupted filesystems (ext3 with data="" out of a few hundred installations.  I want to use either f2fs or nilfs2.  The former is showing new performance in tests but it is only included in kernel 3.8+  Nilfs2 is usable with earlier kernels but I really want to do some testing with both.

Is there anything special I would have to do to use that kernel?

Anyone used the eBox?  If so, what kernel set up do you use.  DMP only released kernels up through about 2.6.34.  After that, nothing.  Most of their patches (all?) are in the mainline but there were enough changes that have had trouble getting a much later kernel to work with the right disk drivers.

Best,
Kyle