Re: [ttylinux:341] web interfaces?

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 9:06 PM, Douglas Jerome <[email protected]> wrote:
On 03/26/13 16:31, Jeff Pohlmeyer wrote:
On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 6:10 PM, Kyle Hayes wrote:
For my project, I need a small web interface.  I have found many options
that would work with larger systems, but for my embedded project, I want
something smaller.   Has anyone used haserl or Klone?  OpenWrt uses haserl
and has a large web UI based on it.

Alpine Linux has something called "ACF" that is also built around Haserl + Lua,
but I'm not sure how easy it would be to port it to ttylinux.

Hmm, Lua. I have it in the other ttylinux variants, maybe I should make
a i486 package.

Alpine uses uclibc, so the binaries definitely won't work, but it might give
you some ideas of what can be done with haserl:

http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Managing_ACF

  - Jeff

If I end up using haserl, I will stick with the shell version.  If I need more than I can do comfortably with shell, I will probably need to write real CGI in C or Perl.  I need to play with it to see how much I can do.  I only need a couple simple forms for setting up DHCP or a static IP.

I need to look at how to build packages for ttylinux.  It can't be more complicated than building a .deb!

Thanks for the pointers to ACF.  More to look at.  Maybe I will have to learn Lua sometime soon.

Best,
Kyle