Re: [ttylinux:351] simple wifi for ttylinux?

Dear Friend:

lspci provides unfortuately this information:

Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802b/g LP-PNY (Rev 01)

lspci -n gives:

03:00.00280

15e4:4315(Rev. 01)

Might have got a few things wrong or out of place since I did not paste.  Thanks again.....Joe
On Sunday, April 7, 2013 2:56:11 PM UTC-4, djerome wrote:
On 04/07/13 04:39, [email protected] wrote:
> I am amazed at the ethernet capabilities of ttylinux.  The problem is
> that I only have wifi access.  I want to
> work on getting a wifi access.  How do I even begin??????  Could someone
> point me in the right direction?
> My skills are someone limited and am at the novice level.  Please help

Actually, I've never used wifi with tyylinux, so I might be
missing something, but read the following.

We start by you telling:
=> which ttylinux? pc i486, pc i686, pc x86_64, or maybe mac g4?
=> what hardware are you using? what wifi device?

The next step is to see what driver is in the kernel, maybe
something needs to be added. If it isn't too odd I may make
it part of the standard ttylinux distribution; I can otherwise
make it available for download, or maybe just explain how
you can rebuild the kernel.

And then, there may be some needed firmware binary blob; I can
help find it if I know what hardware you are using.

And also there probably are some user-space tools needed, and
again, I can either explain how to or make available for you.